Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fitting the Pieces Together


•Now that you have a deeper understanding of the different learning theories and learning styles, how has your view on how you learn changed?
I believe that my view of how I learn has changed a lot especially after going through this class and never seem of heard of some of these new technology.  Now that I’ve  completed seven weeks of the class, I have found out that I am not only a visual learner , but I am also able to learn from a more uncongenial way such as, learning by observing, learning by doing work over, learning with the use of technology, and through social learning. I have learned t that I am able to learn through many different ways. Today, I understand that the use of internet is very useful. I typically use to learn thru visual and hands on only but now I am able to learn through recorded lectures, computers, social media, visualization of videos, and through feedback from my instructors.
•What have you learned about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks that can further explain your own personal learning preferences?
Some of the things that I have learned about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks is that each and every theory works with each other and that explain my own personal learning style. I now realize that there are many differences in each theories and the learning styles, has many definitive questions for each learning theory, such as, the behaviorist theory. One question asked is “how does learning occur?” With this type of learning theory, learning occurs through rewards and punishments. Another question is “what factors influence learning?” The factors that influence learning through the behaviorist theory are influence and control of the external environment, rather than internal thought. Another question is what is the role of memory in the behaviorist theory? The role of memory in the behaviorist theory deals with conditioning and not memory. It also uses observation and measurements. I have learned something unique about each learning theories in the class.
•What role does technology play in your learning?
The role that technology plays in my learning is that it is easier to locate information I need for my class work. I am able to research online and find what I need, and I am able to research all my class work through the online Walden library as well as through the use of various websites on the internet. What I’m most proud of is that, I was able to create blogs with the use of the internet. Technology is very important in all aspects of what we do now. If we didn’t have technology such as computers, I wouldn’t be able to take online course.

No comments:

Post a Comment